We pro-actively work with PIs in the Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP) Partner institutions to translate their research into interventions, therapeutics and diagnostics that will improve human health. We offer support in three major ways:
- Translational Research Projects – Development and Project Management
- Industrial Research Collaborations – Development and Co-ordination
- Large Strategic Translational/ Industrial Initiatives/ Bids – Development
Translational Research Projects
We work closely with PIs from concept to delivery stage when it comes to translational research projects. Specifically we:
- Work with PIs to develop translational research plans
- Help secure translational grant funding from the public and charity sector, incl. co-drafting/advising on translational funding applications, identify follow-on funding.
- Connect PIs to the relevant internal and external infrastructure or resources
- Source external specialist expertise such as for example from our Entrepreneurs in Residence, CROs and consultancies.
- Project manage the delivery of funded translational research projects, where a translational project manager is a requirement by the funder
- Run training initiatives related to Translational Research. See Events for current workshops
Industrial Research Collaborations
- Develop, manage, co-ordinate and monitor industrial collaborative research partnerships, especially where these are with major strategic partners. More detail on industry/academia collaboration opportunities can be found here.
- Act as an external contact point for industrial partners who would like to develop translational research collaborations with investigators
- Create opportunities for scientific discussions between partners to identify collaborative projects via workshops, symposia and 1:1s. See Events for current workshops
- Support PIs in progressing projects from concept stage through budget negotiations/contracting stages until commencement of projects
Strategic Translational/ Industrial Initiatives & Bids
We support PIs in the development and drafting of major strategic initiatives and bids relevant to the OTR’s remit.
Contact: If you would like support in any of the above areas please get in touch with the OTR at email@example.com so we can discuss how we can help you. Additional information on Translational Funding Schemes (internal and external), OTR-run or supported Events and Academia/Industry collaboration opportunities can be found via the links below.