About the OTR
The Cambridge University Health Partners’ Office for Translational Research (OTR) supports researchers in their efforts to translate their findings from their basic biological, biomedical or clinical research into practical human health benefits, such as new therapeutics, devices, diagnostics or other interventions. We support researchers from the Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP):
- University of Cambridge,
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
- Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and
- Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
How can the OTR support you?
We pro-actively work with PIs in the Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP) Partner institutions to translate their research into interventions, therapeutics and diagnostics that will improve human health. We offer support in three major ways:
- Translational Research Projects – Development and Project Management
- Industrial Research Collaborations – Development and Co-ordination
- Large Strategic Translational/ Industrial Initiatives/ Bids – Development
There are many different sources of funding available to investigators who wish to pursue translational research. Some of these are internal strategic funds held and administered by the OTR (such as the Cambridge MRC Confidence in Concept) or other groups of the University. There are also numerous external translational funding schemes – a good selection is highlighted on Cambridge Enterprise’s website.
How can I collaborate with external partners if I’m an internal member of staff/student? How can I collaborate with Cambridge if I’m an external partner?